Golf Course Maintenance FYI 3/6/2020
· Tina Fry is the manager in duty and has everything ready for the Men’s event tomorrow
· All bunkers were edged this week to present the course to a high standard
· All fairways and tees were sprayed with a liquid fertilizer to encourage new growth and provide excellent turf color and quality.
· I hosted a local Dentist at golf Maintenance on Thursday to talk to the staff about the benefits and cost savings of using a dentist in our network and also to discuss general dental hygiene. The staff appreciated the communication and they learned a lot.
· The course will have blocked tee times on Thursday when we will be needle-tining the greens and fertilizing the entire golf course with a granular product.
· All Tees will be topdressed with sand on Monday to help dilute organic material and encourage new growth
· The weather continues to fluctuate with warmer and windier conditions than normal. Overall, the course remains in very good condition and is receiving plenty of play.
· I appreciated the email blast from Jason this week regarding the Blue flag players encroaching onto the greens complex. Let’s hope they heed the reminder as we have have regularly been noticing golf carts driving far too close to the greens surface.
· The 9 Hole ladies appreciated the extra attention to the golf course for their event on Tuesday. We are always glad to help out and make these events something special.
· The Ladies one day invitational was another great success. Compliments to Tina Fry, David Forrey and the entire staff for their efforts.
· Overall, everything is going very well with the course receiving many compliments