Golf Maintenance FYI
· Some unexpected rain on Tuesday this week provided some timely respite to the golf course. 1.3 inches of rain fell over a 24-hour period and was extremely beneficial to the turf health as well as providing a break to the golf course. I am fully aware of the financial implications of a rain day in season, so I have already reached out to Jason Miller to offer some creative ideas for increasing rounds of golf if need be.
· Base rock preparation for the maintenance facility parking lot is complete and the new asphalt is scheduled for Monday. It will take a few days to complete and we could not be more pleased. The contractor has been performing superbly and I expect the new parking lot to be the real icing on the cake for the project. I met with the Project Committee this week and provided an update. Everything remains on schedule and on budget.
· I will be working this weekend, and everything is planned for the Couples event on Sunday.
· Although planned for this week, the golf course will be fertilized next week. The rain on Tuesday created wet conditions making it a challenge to water in the product.
· Bunkers and Cart paths were edged this week and we will continue trimming high importance areas throughout the course as we prepare for the Member/Member event.
· The cart staging area retention wall is complete and plants installed at the entrance to the steps.
· I have provided Traci with an estimate to replace the speed sign destroyed last week on Copperleaf Blvd.
· Pine straw was applied to the golf course during the week and it has provided some great definition between the turf and the landscape beds. The pine straw will help with erosion and weed control throughout the summer.
· Tina Fry fertilized the Common Ground turf this week. The fertilizer also contains a pre-emergent herbicide to prevent weed seeds from germinating.
· David Forrey continues to work tirelessly on the small details at the maintenance area. Installing window blinds, cables, sanding and staining the old conference table, installing hand soap and paper towel dispensers throughout the bathrooms and cleaning the perimeter of the parking lot to name a few. His efforts and attention to detail has been extraordinary.
· I completed another golf course walk this morning with around 10 members. They thoroughly enjoy the exercise as well as the opportunity to ask questions about the golf course and what we are doing.
· Greens were verticut this morning and will be verticut again on Tuesday followed by a light topdressing and fertilizer application on Wednesday. They remain in very good condition.
· Overall, everything continues to look good throughout the community. Compliments to all my staff for their tireless work and attention to detail.